Monday, January 31, 2011

Short term goals...

So...today's blog is coming to you after what finally felt like a successful rehearsal of Stephen Sondheim's "Assassins". We worked for 3 hours and the cast really worked hard and we got a lot of stuff done tonight. It finally feels like it might come together. Hopefully we can pull that pace for the next 4 weeks and be right on schedule to peak at opening. :)

Today's challenge is to list a few short term goals for this month. I found this thought to be a little daunting until I realized that I already have some...they just aren't written down.

1. finish out this blog challenge by truly blogging every day. I chose this goal because I truly love to blog and there are times that I NEED to blog in order to process through my thoughts and feelings, but I have gotten out of the habit.

2. Stay on-budget and still have a GREAT time on our ski trip and get to do whatever we want to, but with cash! After paying off $23,000 in consumer debt, we are sitting in a MUCH better position these days, HOWEVER, it still takes WORK to stay on track and in-budget and live within our means.

3. Do a little house cleaning every day so it's not so daunting on the weekends. I am a bad housekeeper. I am. I always had a messy room and I don't mean "lived in". I mean MESSY! and now I have a house with 2 other people in it and it's always messy. I spend my entire weekend cleaning. I don't want to do that anymore. I am going to try for this month to see if I can do a little bit every day and find a balance.

4. Get the computer room cleaned out and ready to be gutted. Our house project is never ending (at least it feels like it) and this room is next on the list. Ethan will be moved in here once it's complete and then we'll start working on the living room and one side of the house.

5. spend my evenings home in quality time with my family. Since I pick up Ethan at 3 and have rehearsal most days at 6, I only get until about 5:30 in the evening with him most nights. I have tried and will continue to try to make that time count with puzzles, reading, legos, and other one-on-one time. Oh...and date night once per week is a must! :) We've been doing pretty good at that so far and this week we are headed to an art opening, dinner, and EOU's production of "All My Sons" on Friday. Should be some good quality time with the hubster. :)

and for kicks, I will add:
6. hand-write and mail 2 letters to friends and/or loved ones. We forget about this in our day and age. We are instant. Email. Text. Chat. Facebook. There is NOTHING I love more than getting ACTUAL mail in my mailbox. Although...it rarely happens. I will work to make someone's day by sending them a hand-written snail mail letter because who doesn't like getting mail? :)

No comments: