So, yesterday's blog challenge was something I've felt proud of in the past few days. I guess the easy answer is that I've been proud of my students. I feel proud of them often. I am proud of those I have taught that have worked hard and had their hard work pay off in their lives and their jobs. I'm proud of Erin Wunz, my current EOU senior. Not only is she making great progress on her voice and her senior recital, but she is doing it while playing "Christine" in the Phantom of the Opera and being active in her church, an active participant in choir, having a job, and operating a voice studio. I am not sure that she knows how proud of her I am, but I feel very happy when I see how far she will go and how much she wants it.
I am proud of my husband. He has been working overtime almost every day for the past few weeks. He's out the door by 6 and home around 5:30 to be a WONDERFUL father to our kiddo. He plays games with him, wrestles with him, and entertains his silly "I made you say 'what'" games.
In general, I am proud of those around me. Proud of the students who work hard. Proud of the wonderful parents of La Grande in my Kindermusik classes and the wonderful work they do to raise their children. I am proud of my son who makes good choices most of the time and works hard to be a great kid.
2 comments:
OK, I like this post, but I think you cheated. The concept was to write about something you are proud of that YOU have done in the last few days. It's a tough one I know, but I'm not gonna let you off the hook that easily. :)
lol. :) Ryan, I had to smile when I read your comment. It's hard, isn't it? :) I guess I can fix it by saying that those people I am proud of (students, son and hubby) are who they are in large part because of what I do and the part I had in their life. I am proud of my role in their success. :) Is that better? :) I'll keep thinking and pondering and maybe add another blog post just for you. :)
Post a Comment