Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sidenote on being out of debt...

I am enjoying my saturday morning and listening to Dave Ramsey's broadcasts from the previous week. Something he said just struck me and I wanted to transcribe it because it's just how I feel!

Dave speaking about his experience being in debt with collectors calling and the repo man taking his car...

"I will NEVER be in that situation again"

"There is nothing that I want bad enough. There is no dream that I want big enough. There is no nightmare that you can introduce to my life that is scary enough. You're not big enough, bad enough, or angry enough to make me afraid enough to borrow money again...I'm DONE! And that's the benefit of having gone through financial hell..."

after getting calls from creditors with threats and bank foreclosure notices:
"...and then I would lay there until 4:00 in the morning wide awake half mad and half scared. I'm never going back there again. You don't have a car that I want that bad... There's not a boat I want that bad. Not a house I want that bad. There's not a business idea I want that bad..there's not anything I want that bad. I want financial peace."

I love how he puts things. :)

Having spent a number of years in my 20's laying awake at 4 in the morning having those same feelings about our money situation and having spent the last 18 months getting out of the $23,000 debt mess we were in, I can honestly say....I WILL NEVER BE THERE AGAIN!!!

Just thought I'd share. :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you're blogging...I needed this today!