Monday, July 31, 2006

Ok, so apparently people read my blogs...

I have been informed via email that people do in fact read my blogs. :) I didn't think anyone would. Yes, I think you actually have to be a member of eblogger in order to post or I have to open my blog for comments from anyone who comes across it. I'd rather not have that just in case some crazy on the internet googles something and finds me and posts craz....ok, maybe none of that would ever happen and I should open up my blog for comments... I'll think about it.

I just wanted to get on one more time tonight and brag about my students. Not about their talent or about their voices or about our wonderful relationships, but about how impressed I continue to be with their understanding of life in general and their deep thoughts and actual connection to life. I heard it said on the radio that the only people who really needed blogs were people who had so much creativity in their world that they couldn't express it all without having somewhere random to put all the extra creativity that they didn't use and that was what blogging was for. I have to say that for me, that is definately NOT the case! I am not really that creative and my blogs are actually quite boring and it's my damn journal! :) No, I am not creative enough to need a blog as somewhere to put my "extra" creativity, but my students sure are. They all talk about very impressive things. Their views on life are amazing and views that I would have never thought to take. One student (yes, I read my student's blogs...one of them left theirs up on my computer one day and they all like to each other's so...) was just blogging about life and the way we look at it. She told a story of a little girl and her mom who were in the locker room at the gym changing at the same time as my student. The mom asked the little girl to remind her to call someone when they got home. When the girl asked why, the mom said that something had happened and she had wanted to pray for them. The little girl then asked the mom why they didn't just stop and pray right then, so they did. This meant so much to my student and she went on for a while about how caught up we get with what will be that we aren't enjoying what IS. Living in the now and enjoying what we are and what we have instead of hoping for something better and thinking of how much better tomorrow will be. She had such wonderful thoughts and I have been thinking about them all day. Yes, Darcy D., if you read this ever, you mean the world to us and have taught us and continue to teach us very much.

On this, our seventh anniversary of our wedding day, Sam and I had a wonderful time looking back over our scrapbooks. Our first one began the month after our wedding and we had a great time looking over the pictures and talking and remincing about all the wonderful things that we have done and the great opportunities we have had. We just need to remember to keep making those opportunities for ourselves. We have been to Equador, London, had a long distance relationship, explored southern Utah, climbed mountains, hiked miles and miles together. We have done so much and then we had our little boy who has become our entire life. We love little Ethan so much, I never knew that kind of love existed. We discussed tonight how lucky we have been and how blessed we are continually in our lives. To have our adventures, our security, our love, each other, and our little man. It was a great anniversary and we didn't even spend any money. We drank a bottle of wine, visited, had a great time going over our memories of the past 7 years and talked of what is to come. Now, we have just finished watching some TV and I am about to head to bed, but I had to get some of my thoughts down so that I can have them for later.

I have always kept journals in my life. My first one starts when my mom had to write for me. I am glad to find blogging so enjoyable and am glad to have somewhere to write down my thoughts and happy to share them with whomever doesn't get bored after like the first entry. :)

Goodnight.
Jamie

1 comment:

jmee2 said...

Well hello Jeff. I guess it's only fair. :)