My sister Anna has been staying with us for the summer. I am the oldest and she is the youngest of 9 kids. We are 15 years apart. She came to stay 5 weeks and I really can't believe that 5 weeks has come and gone so quickly! It has been so great to have her here. She is a sweetheart and has been such a big help with construction. She has been watching Ethan, cleaning the house, and helping wherever she can. It's been great to have her. I told her that next summer she should come and stay with us again and we could pay her to be Ethan's nanny for the summer. I would love to have her again if she isn't too busy with her friends, boyfriends, and other social life by then.
Construction is slowing down a bit but only because we aren't doing major jobs that cause and big change in the outlook. We are plugging along and hopefully all will be done before we leave for the Seattle area on Saturday. We are partially up and running in there and partially moved in, but not all the way. Sam is busy putting together doors for cabinets today.
I have been thinking a lot about what to do for a sitter for Ethan for this coming school year. I will be talking with Sarah to see if she can watch him while I work at the University, but I don't know if I can afford to pay to keep Mollie on as his permanent nanny. I would love to find a student to trade lessons with. I would love to find someone perfect who is perfect with my son and is maybe in need of some assistance financially in order to take lessons. It would also be perfect if I could find someone a little younger who we could keep for a couple of years in a row. We'll see what happens. I just can't believe that the summer has gone so fast! We are close to being done with construction and then we head up for Sam's conference up north and then it's our anniversary and then we come and get ready for school to start. Just before school starts, we head up for a week with my family at our family reunion. Where did the summer go? :) It's been a lot of fun though. We have had some good times.
Yesterday we headed to The Rock Bowling and fun center. We had a lot of fun and I think that Sam and I are going to make it a permanent thing to go there on Tuesday nights for date night. We are headed there again today to escape the heat of the afternoon.
Well, I have rambled. Off I go to continue with my duties.
more tomorrow.
Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment