Well, we are in the middle of construction. We totally re-did our bedroom and we have finished and moved in to the bedroom. I am hoping that we will be finished with the kitchen by Sunday or Monday. I am so ready for that. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal and I am really quite a flexible person as far as life goes, but I have to admit that I HATE washing my dishes in my canner on the front porch!
I am very proud of Sam. He has done all of this work himself. We did the tear out of the plaster and lathe and all the tear out of the flooring. My brother Nick helped us with the tile. Sam re-wired the entire house and updated the electrical, he put in the carpet, hung the sheetrock, did all the taping and mudding too. We were going to hire a plumber to do the water and gas lines, but Sam learned how and did those himself too. He has saved us a lot of money for this remodel! I can't wait to cook in my new kitchen. One that will actually come clean when you wipe the countertop! Crazy idea, I know. :)
Ethan is doing much much better today. He goes in to see the Dr. at 2:15 and hopefully they will find the reason for the fevers. That was the one concern about the Febrile seizure on Wednesday was that there seemed to be no reason for his body to be fighting anything. He had no ear infection, no strep throat, no flu symptoms, and his white count was normal. So, hopefully, the blood cultures will come back negative for anything serious and all will be well. He isn't acting sick. He is running around and playing and swimming in his little swimming pool.
Ok, I have a lot of work to do to get tons done in my kitchen today, so I'd better get. More tomorrow probably,
Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment