Monday, July 31, 2006

People never cease to amaze me...

Well, we are home from a small vacation packed full of very fun activities. Visiting with family was wonderful, as always. However, I have to say that I could seriously write a soap opera for decades with what is going on with my family. I think every family has serious issues that run through it and because my family is so big, it just escalates everything into giant proportions. The drama will never stop. Between the cheating spouses, the depression, the divorces, the money problems, the drug users, and the troubled teens, it's amazing that Sam and I are doing as well as we are. It was a nice visit, but I am happy to be home. I don't understand people inability to help themselves! I am talking about people who are depressed, I mean seriously depressed! They simply choose not to go get help for themselves. People who complain all the time that their life isn't going anywhere and they never have any money and can never do anything fun who work for minimum wage for the 6th year in a row! Go get a different job. People who are unhappy in their marriage and choose to cheat on their spouse rather than break free and divorce them and allow both people happiness. I just don't understand.

However, I have nothing to complain about...at least, not today. :) Today is Sam and my 7 year anniversary. 7 years ago this morning on the Horn Rapids Golf Course in Richland, Washington, we threw a party and took our vows in front of 200 of our family and close friends. It was a beautiful day then and every day since. We have been through a great deal since that day and our love is different now from what it every was and will continue to be different as we grow and enter different stages of life. We "hooked up" in high school and have been together pretty much ever since. We took a couple of breaks where we dated other people and always ended up coming back to each other because of our strong friendship. I love Sam more now than I ever have and even though our love is different at this point in our lives, it's a better kind of different. It's a comfortable and easy love that allows us to live our lives both independently and as a couple. I can remember those first years when we never did anything without each other. We went out together, we rode to school together, we worked out together, we did our shopping together. We still do most things together because we enjoy the company, but we have also grown into our own definitions of self in the last 7 years and have things that we enjoy doing without each other as well. I am very lucky to have found and married my best friend and we always take time on this day to remember why we married one another.

Well, I am sure that I might find some more time this evening to vent onto this blog (since I don't think anyone reads it...) but for now, I'd better get back to work...
Jamie

However

No comments: