Friday, July 21, 2006

I need a vacation...

Well, we are packing up today and unpacking at the same time. I have moved all my food into my new kitchen and am in the process of moving in the dishes and unpacking and getting everything exactly where I want it. It's been fun to do. At the same time, we are packing to go on vacation for a week. We are headed out tomorrow morning to go to Seattle and see a Mariner's game. We will be taking my sister home after her 5 week visit which we have all enjoyed very much. We will be hanging out up north and visiting with family until Sam's conference on the 26th. Then, I will take him to his conference and head back up to my mom's until I pick him up from Tacoma on the 29th. I think the entire family (or as many as mom can convince) will be going to Six Flags that day and then we will probably be headed home. I am looking forward to getting out of our construction zone home, but I wish we were further along so that we could come back to a more finished kitchen. When we worked out our time line we didn't figure in mistakes or the fact that Miller's cut our countertop wrong and had to reorder a whole new sheet that took a week to get. Nor did we figure in the heat. As of about 3 or 4 in the afternoon, it's over 90 (over 100 today!) and we are unable to work in the shop. Being that our old house doesn't have AC, we aren't really able to work much inside either. So, we lay around sweating like a bunch of lizards and wait for it to cool off.

I just have to say how much I absolutely love teaching voice! I only have a few students this summer and I can't wait for the fall when I will have my whole studio up and running. I absolutely love every minute of it. Hearing the difference and watching the change in the singers is a true joy. I have to say, I will really miss my seniors who graduated last year. They were a great joy to teach and all of them have come really far in their voices. I am very happy with my job! :)

Ok, I will stop rambling. I am off to run errands and finish getting ready to go.
I probably won't post until we get back and then I will tell you all about it. Not that anyone reads these but me, but you know....whatever. I keep thinking that I should let Jeff know that I have a blog. He is the student that was so surprised that I read his. Maybe it's only fair to let him know I have one. One student posted on my computer and going through the history one day, I found it. From there, everyone else is linked to everyone, so I just followed the chain. I figure, if you don't want people to read it, you shouldn't put it on a blog, right? :)

Ok, off I go.
Jamie

No comments: