Saturday, July 15, 2006

A book club is a very good thing

I just got home from book club and may I say that a book club is a very good thing for so many reasons. Life can pass you by while you aren't even looking if you aren't careful. Having something to read and discuss once a month with friends is so important to me. I have really enjoyed all our titles and have loved getting out once a month for 2 hours without baby and getting together for coffee with my small book group. This month we read a memoir that was written by a friend of Cathy's (in the bookclub...pretty much started it anyway.) named Rachel. It was a great memoir and for bookclub, we met at had a conference call with the author and then went for coffee. It's my turn to choose the book we read and I have chosen "Digging to America" by Anne Tyler. It was a great book and has lots to discuss, so it will be perfect!

Sam has the sink installed, the garbage disposal in, the countertop on and by the end of today we will have a functioning kitchen. Fridge goes in, stove goes in, dishwasher in and I won't have to wash my dishes by hand on the porch anymore. YEAH! We are hoping to get the rest of the cabinets hung today as well. We didn't quite finish them yesterday.

So, I am hoping to hit the movies with my sister Anna today or tomorrow as well. We may head to the drive in tonight for the first of the 2 features "The Devil Wears Prada". It looks very funny. I also want to go see Superman and You, Me, and Dupree at the theatre. That's a lot of movie watching though with so much construction to get finished. Hopefully we can be half-way moved in by tomorrow and next week can be devoted to fun since it's Anna's last week here. It's probably been a little boring for her, but we have tried to do some fun stuff in addition to the construction.

Ethan is so much better! He is running around and playing and back to normal. I am not looking forward to the next fever, however, I know that I will be more prepared and ready for a seizure should he have another one. I am glad that I did the research and am not so afraid of them anymore.

Ok, I'm off for now. I am planning our family reunion and have to get the rest of the letters in the mail today and get to helping Sam in the kitchen. Probably more tomorrow.

Jamie

No comments: