
My family had Thanksgiving dinner in August! We never have Thanksgiving together, so Noel and her family made us a huge tukey and ham dinner complete with all the fixins! It was so very nummy and this is a not-very-good picture of all of us enjoying our meal. We had to bring chairs and tables in from the deck to make it work but it was fabulous!
Ok, so apparently my entire family reads and quotes my blog because "this is not a romantic getaway" was the theme of this year's reunion and was repeated often. :) We all had sooooo much fun during this year's reunion. The house was beyond expectations and so freakin' fabulous, I am a little worried that nothing will ever compare. It did have minor fall backs. We had some issues: a smelly bedroom, a friendly mouse, lots of bugs, but what could we expect from a mountain house with no window screens. The food stuff worked out great and everyone provided a dinner and contributed to the group food. The sleeping arrangements worked out better than could be expected because there were 2 lofts in addition to the 7 bedrooms. Actually, the lofts were awesome because they both had doors that opened out onto patios. It was pretty freaking cool. Silverwood was fun, but I have to say: I just don't think I am an amusement park kind of girl. I went on the rides and screamed my head off like the good singer I am. I had a fun time, but I just don't think I would do it again. To pay $33 for about 8 hours of standing in line for a 3 minute ride. I don't know...I guess if my whole family was going, I would go again. It was fun to hang out with them and go on rides with them and stuff. Sam had a blast mountain biking on the mountain for 2 days. He loved it and even rented a better down hill bike the second time he went and was in heaven all day! I just can't say enough about the house. You would really just have to experience it. It was incredible! We met and talked about next year and mostly decided on the Oregon Coast ...(again!). Leavenworth is the other option. People kept saying there would be nothing to do in Leavneworth, but there is. There's lake Wenatchee for the lake people, shopping and wondering for the shoppers, sight-seeing for the sight-seers, and hiking for the hikers. I found a great place, it would be easier on my uncle Kevin to come and lots of other reasons why Leavenworth would be great. The beach is always wonderful too! There's beach combing, walking, shopping, horse riding, sand dunes and whatever else people's hearts desire. Either way is fine with me. I am a little sad, however because the really nice beach places that will fit all of us are always booked. I am sure we will come up with something. I want every reunion from now on to be as good as the one we just had or better! :) Grandma and grandpa and all of us were also talking about summer 08 and it sounds like we might be going on a cruise to Alaska! How awesome would that be! Anyway, it was an awesome reunion and well worth all the planning stress and mishaps.
It's good to be home, I must say. I have made some other life decisions as well. I am going to work as much as I can this coming fall at the University and at home. I am going to take as many students as I can and teach as much as the University will let me. I would like to finish my graduate degree and this is the year to do it. I will need lots of money to make that happen, not to mention that I need to pay off all our kitchen work. The good news is: WE PAID OFF OUR CAR!! I got the title in the mail yesterday! I am so very excited about that! I will be so happy to have that $$$ back in my budget.
It looks like Jeannette Smith got the job at the high school teaching speach and drama. I am so very excited for her. It's perfect for her and her situation. We are talking about trading off kids a couple of days per week if that works out for both of us. It could be very good! If I could trade her off and on a little bit, it would save us both $$ in childcare.
Now for the sad part of my blog. My brother Paul called the night he was supposed to come to the reunion and said that his girlfriend had been in a car accident. She went into surgery and they tried to stabalize her before life-flighting her to Harborview Medical Center. Unfortunately, she died shortly after surgery. I only met her once and only for a short time. She seemed very nice and sweet and smart. Everyone who knew her better than I did said that she was a great person. I am sad that Paul has had such a rough life lately. he's really been trying to find himself. They were the best of friends and worked together for a long time. I am so very sorry for his pain and sadness. My mom is there this weekend along with my brother Ross and my dad. Paul has lots of friends to support him as well as lots of family. I am thinking I will wait a little while until the services are over, the friends have gone back to work and the family isn't there anymore and then I will either head up to visit Paul or have him down here for a little while. what a tragic thing to have happen to a person. My prayers and thoughts are with her family and friends and my concerns are also with my brother. Paul is in a vulnerable position now and I hope that his life begins to head in an upward direction very soon.
I don't want to leave on too sad of a note. Although, this thought is sad in another way...school starts in a little over 2 weeks! That means so does my studio. The next couple of weeks are going to be very busy trying to make everything work and come together to be ready for life to start. I hope I get some more students. I think my count is a little low right now. It would be great to fill up and soon!
Ok, off I go to find something to do. More soon, I'm sure.
Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment