Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Great disappointment is mine...



I love this picture. This was a hike up a peak Sam and I did when we lived in Boise. That is our dog Annapurna who we miss very much! That was a beautiful climb into the sawtooth mountains and a very fond memory for me. Plus, we both look great in the picture and so does Annapurna. :)

Ok, so maybe not GREAT disappointment. For those who read this blog and know us at all, you know that we don't watch TV. In fact, not only do we not watch TV, but the only channels we get with our rabbit ears are fox channel 11, the spanish channel and OPB. There are a couple of shows we like to watch on certain days. Bones is one of them. I love Bones. I think it's a great show and being a mystery freak (mostly books, but shows and movies too), I love that show! Now, I looked at the calendar on the fox website because I didn't want to miss the first show of the new season. So, I looked carefully and made sure that baby was in bed and things were taken care of so that I could sit and watch Bones tonight with a glass of wine. So, at 7:58, baby in bed, stuff taken care of, and my glass of wine, I sat down to the opening of some stupid singing show take-off of American idol for duets...dumb! So, I thought it was Wednesday when I checked the website and from then on, I thought it was Wednesday. Suck! Now I have to not only sit here and be pissed that I am not watching Bones, but I have to re-live Wednesday! :( How sad for me.

So, I don't get to watch Bones, so you have to put up with the fact that I have some extra time to blog and this just might be a long one. :) Plus, my Aunt Ann says I don't blog enough, so ... here you go Auntie Ann. :) This one's for you...:) (Thanks for taking over the planning of the reunion and don't worry too much! You can hand it back whenever you want to...I'm happy to take it)

Ethan's Dr. called today to let me know that the EEG came back and looked good. He reminded us of the fact that you can't gauge seizure disorders from one EEG, but he said the fact that this one looked good, the seizure was accompanied by a fever and such made things look a lot better. So, we were happy to hear it.

I have officially moved my home studio up to the Community School for the Arts. I have packed up my room and it's all sitting in the back of my car waiting for someone to help me move my new bookshelf up and set it up before I can load it with books. I am going to love working out of that room and having all my stuff in one place. Last year I had to schlepp all my stuff back and forth and that sucked nine ways to Tuesday! It was aweful so I am looking forward to not having to do it again.

So, I heard something funny this morning on NPR. I am addicted to NPR and I love it to death and listen to it all the time! This funny thing was kind of in between the stories talking about the anniversary of Katrina. Anyway, it was a list of things about this year's freshman (in college). It's supposed to help the professors to understand them. For instance, it may surprise you to know that this year's college freshman was born in 1988!! Here are some snipets because I found them fascinating myself and I am only 10 years older than them!
taken from www.beloit.edu:

The Soviet Union has never existed and therefore is about as scary as the student union.

They have known only two presidents.

They have never heard anyone actually "ring it up" on a cash register.

A coffee has always taken longer to make than a milkshake.

They grew up pushing their own miniature shopping carts in the supermarket.

They grew up with and have outgrown faxing as a means of communication.

"Google" has always been a verb.

Madden has always been a game, not a Superbowl-winning coach.

Phantom of the Opera has always been on Broadway.

Reality shows have always been on television.

They have always known that "In the criminal justice system the people have been represented by two separate yet equally important groups." (man, I love that show!)

They have rarely mailed anything using a stamp.

"So" as in "Sooooo New York," has always been a drawn-out adjective modifying a proper noun, which in turn modifies something else. (I like that one!)

They never played the game of state license plates in the car.

They have always preferred going out in groups as opposed to dating.

Crazy, huh! there are lots more...there are like 70 or something and they do one for every in coming freshman class. I think it's crazy cool!

Ok, so maybe I am done blogging for now. I will blog again very soon, though. I am off to read my book since I don't get to watch Bones and I REFUSE to watch some stupid show about people singing duets with celebrities. No thank you.

Off I go ...*trying not to look too disappointed*
Jme

1 comment:

Darcy said...

Okay I admit it I've never played the state lisence plate game:(

haha
Love ya
Darc