
This is the amount of food for three people at the Crab Pot in Seattle. :) It was soooo much fun to eat there. They put a bib on you and bring you a mallet and a cutting board. They cover your table with butcher paper and come and dump a bunch of seafood in the middle of your table. It was a blast to eat there and I would highly recommend it to anyone! It's a little pricey and it's down just below pike place market right on the water. It's worth it! The food was yummy!
So, I have opened up my "comments" part of my blog so that anyone can leave a comment. If I start having trouble, I will have to change it, but if you want to leave me a little note, now you can.
I can't believe the summer is almost over! We had sooooo much fun on our trip up north. The Mariner's game was awesome. We got to visit most of the family that lives up there. We spent a night at Sam's grandpa's house and I was happy to get to visit with him for a somewhat extended period of time. He is a great man and we had a wonderful time. The visit with my family was good and then we stopped at my aunt Ann's house in Yakima on the way home and spent the night. We had been at the Six Flags in Tacoma all day, which was a total blast! I don't remember the last time I was on an amusement park ride. So, between Sam's conference (out of which he was chosen to conduct in a master class), the sailing we did in Gig Harbor, the Mariner's game, the trip to the zoo, the Crab Pot, the day at the amusement park, it was a pretty good trip. :) All that and more in a mere 7 days! It was packed with adventure.
We have had a pretty good time at home these last few days as well. 98% of the cabinet doors are on. Shelves are in, boxes unloaded, and the kitchen is looking great. In addition to work, we have had some fun times playing as well. We went up and hiked/biked (Sam bikes and Ethan and I hike) the Umatilla Rim trail. It was soooo gorgeous. The day before that, we went and hiked into Van Patton Lake. Again, absolutely gorgeous. The lake is only about 1.5 miles in, but it's a pretty steep climb. It was a great time and we swam once we got there, well, got in the really cold water anyway. I don't know that you could call it swimming. :) Timmy was here for the weekend. He came on Thursday and left yesterday (Monday). It was good to see him and have him around as well. We had a wonderful dinner last night with a past student, Darcy. It was great to see her and spend a little time chatting with her before she heads off to College in New York at Hartwick. They are driving to New York and headed out on Friday, so it was great to spend a little time with her. You will be missed, Darcy!
Today I have a lunch with some mom friends which I am really excited about. Tomorrow I will be talking with Peter in the morning about my position at the University and what I want that position to be. Then, we pack and hopefully bottle and brew some beer tomorrow night with Miki and Grady and then we pack and leave on Thursday. It's going to be crazy until then trying to make sure everything is taken care of. For instance, I have no one to water my garden or anything while we are gone. Totally forgot about that part. I'll have to get on that today.
Well, this has been a very long blog, so off I go to find other things to do. Maybe Ethan and I will read a couple more books and let daddy sleep in a little more. :)
1 comment:
Jamie! you are a blogger! did we suck you in? hehehe. Fun fun fun. I was thinking about deleting my blog but now both you and darcy have one and i just can't pass up the opportunity to read about your detailed life. hehe. well, maybe i'll keep my blog, you should check it out sometime.
Miss you!
-Pantsimus the mighty
Post a Comment