
Well, today has not been the best day of my life, that's for sure! I was planning on sleeping in a little this morning because I haven't been getting much sleep in the night because the baby's been up. So, Sam and I had it all worked out. Ethan woke up around 7:00 am, usually he's up at 6:00, so this was great! Sam said he felt a little warm and kind of feverish. We gave him some tylenol and took his temp. 100.6 under the arm. Well, about 15 minutes later, he had a seizure. This one was very similar to the one he had before. It lasted about 2 minutes and was the longest two minutes of my life next to the 2 minutes of the last seizure. When he was out of the seizure and regained consciousness, he had a lot of trouble with his motor skills and couldn't grab for his tigger or make a fist to bring the sheet over him or anything. We called the Dr. when they opened at 8:00 and took him in at 8:30. He was a little concered at the close timing of the seizures and said that Ethan had some little white spots at the back of his throat that might be causing the fever and therefore, the seizure. I remembered that we were at Sarah and Dani's house for a visit while Carrie and Tim and the girls were visiting and went over there Sunday and Sarah has mentioned that her kids have been complaining of sore throats. I mentioned this to the Dr. He ended up sending us up to the hospital. Poor Ethan got blood cultures taken and a work up was sent to the lab for a bunch of tests. Then, we went upstairs and the Dr. had ordered an EEG. They gave Ethan medicine to put him to sleep and hooked up 30 electrodes to his head and face and recorded his brain activity for about 20 minutes. So, we spent most of the morning at the hospital. By the time we got home as I was putting him down to sleep, I noticed a slight fever still. I took his temp and it was 102.7! It had spiked high and fast and I was worried about another seizure. I called the Dr. and of course, they were all on lunch, so I called my Dr. cell number which he had given me earlier that day. He told me to bring him in right away for a shot of Rossefin. It's a big dose of strong anti-biotics to get the fever down pretty fast. So, now we are home and Ethan is sleeping peacefully. He isn't warm to the touch and we have antibiotics and tylenol for him. It's pretty scary. It's one thing when you know that it isn't hurting them and that they will grow out of it, but it's another thing to think that every time he gets sick, which has been a lot in his life, there is a possibility of a seizure. I am going to have to go through what to do with all my sitters and nannys to make sure that when and if he spikes a fever when I'm not around, they will all know what to do. That's kind of the scary part too is that it happens sooooo fast! Within 15 minutes he went from alert and eating a banana for breakfast giving no indication anything was wrong to seizing on my bed. Pretty freaky!
I am trying to take some time and calm myself down a little. Sam is napping and I was trying to read, but my mind has been going to fast today, I can't concentrate on my book. So, I thought I would get some of my fears and worries out of my head and onto my blog so I don't have them rattling around anymore.
Ok, I feel better already. My house is an absolute wreck and I have a lot of stuff going on right now with my busniness, which I will have to go into later. For the rest of the day, I am going to try to just chill and see how things go. Off I go to lay on the couch and maybe watch a movie.
2 comments:
I'm sorry that this is all happening and It must be totally making you w wreck! I will be praying for you like always!
love, Darc
Thanks Darc! I am sad I didn't get to talk with you when you called. I was glad to hear that all was well and Sam said you sounded happy. Keep in touch and blog so we can read it. :) We miss you already!
Post a Comment