Friday, December 09, 2011

Hot Chocolate, Finals Week, and JC Woodworks

Ollie left Ethan some hot chocolate and his name in marshmallows this morning.  He seems to have had a little trouble getting the cocoa IN the cup as it was all over the counter, but Ethan was really happy and grateful that he thought of him.

On another note, I gave my last final yesterday at 3:00 for both my voice classes.  The singing went well and mostly I was really excited for the progress that each person had made.  It's fun to watch them accomplish so much in 10 weeks and have them seem pretty proud of what they have done.  I know I was pretty proud of them!

The other update is that JC Woodworks has taken off at a pretty steady and consistent rate!  We opened our doors October 22nd and since that time, they have sold several kitchens, a few commercial cabinet sets, some bathroom vanities, and a good number of custom furniture pieces including a dressing chair, a set of mirrors, some bookshelves, etc.  On the money side, we are all taking home our planned-for income per month AND paying all the bills with the money that comes in so far.  :)  It's all in the "still scary" place financially and we are hoping that in the coming months, we can build up a little bit of a cushion to help ward off any mishaps.  They guys are working well together so far.  Everyone wants to make more money, but that is a little farther down the road before that can happen.  I am happy and Sam seems happier than he has been in a long time.  He gets along with his partners, enjoys the work, and is making a living doing what he loves.

So, with that update, I will get down to grading.  I will be reading papers and grading notebooks from the studio for most of the day in order to get my grades turned in on time.  I'm looking forward to the end of this term as it's going to be an extra-long break!!  EOU doesn't start up again until January 9th!!  That's an entire month off!!!  :)  YAYAYAYAY! 



No comments: