Friday, December 16, 2011

14 balloons


This is what we found when we woke up this morning!  Ollie had decided to try a little hot air ballooning!  Apparently, it took 14 balloons to get him in the air.  Ethan recognized the balloons as the ones available from the Dollar Tree and for a while we contemplated that.....

We are still having a lot of fun with our Ollie the Elf project and my friend suggested that I might need an elf for every month and that maybe I will miss Ollie more than Ethan will when Christmas comes and it's time for him to go.  That might actually be true.  :)

In other news: Ross and Katie are visiting to get their engagement photos taken here in La Grande.  They got in yesterday and we had a great time playing games and sharing wine last night.  They also got to come to Ethan's school program, which made Ethan feel like a million bucks.

Today is the last day of school for Grande Ronde Academy before the Christmas break.  Ethan's excited for his class party.  I volunteered to help and am looking forward to it as well.  We have a fun weekend planned and Sunday will be Sam's first day of ski patrol at Anthony Lakes for the year.  There's not a lot of snow up there.  He's taking Ethan with him and they are both looking forward to going.  I have a board gathering that morning, so I will have to miss this one.  But we plan to be on the ski hill every Sunday this season.

Now I'm off to have another cup of coffee and enjoy the quiet and hopefully visit with Ross and Katie (if they ever wake up......).

No comments: