Saturday, September 09, 2006

The important thing is to strive towards a goal which is not immediately visible. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry



Ok, so this will be a very motivating blog as I have just come from a very motivating run!! This is a picture of me running the "Basic 5" 5K race in Boise as a grad student. I was overweight at this point and had been working hard to get in shape. Not too long after this run, I proceeded to get into the best shape I had been in since high school in preparations for hiking the PCT. In fact, I remember a picture (that I couldn't find) of me at the ski trip the winter after this spring photo and I looked great! Even to me! :) So, I made a goal a while ago that I wanted to run this race again. It worked to get me focused on something then and it can work again.

My run tonight was awesome! Just like the last time I wrote, I overdid it and it didn't even feel like over doing it. :) I ran for 15 minutes, walked for 3 and ran another 12 minutes! I felt like I could run for longer! I am very happy that I am going along at this so quickly. I am scheduled to increase my running time on Monday to 10 minutes of running with 5 minutes of walking in between and do that twice, but I think I will see how I feel. Tonight felt fantastic!

I was a little bummed about our plans for the weekend. We were supposed to go camping and welcome in the next 30 years of Sam's life (instead of mourning the passing of the last 30) at Anthony Lakes this weekend. However, the fires have closed off most wilderness areas around us. So, we are staying home. Sam still went riding with Schwartzy (Eric Schwartz--a friend from college and choir/band teacher in Union) and they had a great time. Then, Sam came home and I went for an invigorating run! So...

That's all I have to say about anything! I want everyone who reads this post to go and do something for yourself after reading this. Go hike in the hills, play a game of touch football or soccer with friends, try a new sport like tennis, or just go for a walk out your front door and around a few blocks or so or your local track. You will feel better when you are done!

So, that's all for now folks...I will be running the Basic 5K in March if anyone wants to train and join me and there is also a 10K and walking races if that's more your thing. It'll be fun and I can't wait to run a full 30 minutes without stopping. From there, I just increase my running time! :) YEAH!

Ok, now I'm really done. have a great rest of the weekend rest of your life!

No comments: