I cleaned off the porch today and put out our "porch" table and chair set. This symbolizes the official beginning of summer. I also cleared my front little "hill" of weeds and planted some wildflower seeds. I turned on my ceiling fans for the first time. I worked in the yard and spent time on our reconstruction project.
I didn't spend much time inside and I didn't spend any time on the computer until now. Ethan's asleep, our friend Jon Larkin is helping Sam put up the rest of the sheet rock in the back of the house and I have finished my day. I submitted my grades, finished my board agenda for my meeting on Tuesday and finished up my last few invoices.
Today was the end of a lot of things. The end of the school year, the end of the rainy weather. Today also signifies the official closing of "Jamie Jacobson's Private Voice Studio". I have taught elementary, middle, and high school singers in the afternoons most nights for almost 12 years! Starting next fall, my goal is to be finished with work by 3:00 in the afternoon. I want to pick up my son from his all day Kindergarten class and spend the rest of the day with him! I will still work at the University and I will still have my Kindermusik business. I will still be willing and able to teach younger students private lessons as long as it's before 3:00 in the afternoon (home schooled kids, seniors with open periods, etc). I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to being free after 3pm everyday!
I love summer! I love the freedom that it brings and am very happy and lucky and blessed to be able to do what I do and have such a flexible schedule!
Sam worked pretty stinkin' hard this weekend to get our remodel project pretty far along! By the end of the night, he and Jon plan to have the entire section sheet-rocked! Next, we'll put in the windows, door, paint and put in the floor. It's going faster than I thought and I have to give him credit so far. In our lives, most of our projects get to a functional state and then not much further after that. Sam seems to have a plan this time. So far, so good. :)
This is my favorite time of night and I was up late, so I'm headed to have a beer on my porch chair and enjoy the cool of the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment